Mallee Physio provides a range of services, including:
- Physiotherapy & Sports Physiotherapy
- Exercise Physiology & Exercise Science
- Myotherapy & Remedial Massage
- WorkCover & TAC
- Enhance Primary Care (EPC) Referrals
- Manual lymphatic drainage
Our highly qualified team of physiotherapists efficiently assess your symptoms to provide an accurate diagnosis. Our team uses advanced techniques and evidence-based care to provide a tailored treatment program, addressing both the symptoms and the underlying cause of your injury or condition. Our physiotherapists will further educate you with strategies to decrease symptoms and the risk of aggravating your condition.
Treatment modalities may include:
- Advanced manual therapy & myofascial techniques
- Advanced Dry Needling techniques
- Rigid and Kinesiology taping
- Pilates exercises (STOTT Pilates specific exercises & dma Clinical Pilates)
- If appropriate, a Home Exercise Program (HEP) to ensure a full and successful recovery.
- External wares including braces, straps, tapes, foam rollers. Please ask and we can order equipment for you.
Overall, the treatment we provide will repair tissue damage, reduce stiffness and pain, increase mobility and improve quality of life.
Exercise Physiology & Exercise Science
Our Accredited Exercise Physiologist and Scientist, Luke, specialises in creating exercise programs for those recovering from injury or living with chronic diseases. Using specific exercise delivery as the main treatment, Luke has a strong focus on restoring physical/mental function, and improving overall health and quality of life. Luke helps patients to achieve these outcomes through behavioural change, lifestyle modification, health advice, and offering support. Luke has had experience in a wide range of areas, including:
- Musculoskeletal injury/conditions/surgery: Including muscle tears, joint replacement or repair surgeries (TKR, ACL, rotator cuff, etc.), osteoporosis, & arthritis.
- Cardiovascular diseases: Such as Hypertension and Coronary Artery Disease.
- Metabolic Disorders: Pre-diabetes, Type I & II Diabetes Mellitus, and other
- Chronic pain management: including Lower Back Pain, CRPS, and fibromyalgia
- Neurological disorders: Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, etc.
- Strength & Conditioning for general health & elite athletic development.
- Overweightness and Obesity weight-loss programs.
- Other services such as Cancer and Falls prevention
Luke is registered with Exercise & Sports Science Australia (ESSA) and is a provider to all Private Health Funds, Medicare, Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), Transport Accident Commission (TAC), and WorkCover Victoria (WorkSafe). A referral is not necessary to make an appointment with Luke, however ask your General Practitioner to determine your eligibility for subsidies under the Medicare Chronic Disease Management Program.
Myotherapy is a form of physical therapy used to assess, treat & prevent muscle pain, injury & dysfunction. It is a physical form of therapy that specialises in musculoskeletal conditions affecting movement & mobility. Founded on Western medical principles including anatomy, physiology & biomechanics, it is used to rehabilitate and maintain the integrity of the soft-tissue structures of the body (muscles, tendons, ligaments & fascia). It is the integration of a range of techniques that make Myotherapy such an effective & powerful treatment method.